Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Warholian Polenta Cake

Ok, so this one came out a bit different than I had intended. It was originally supposed to be just a normal polenta cake, but I found that I didn't have any chicken stock on hand like I thought I did. What did I have then? Campbell's French Onion Soup, thus Warholian Polenta Cake was born.

Ingredients

2 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsp. unsalted butter (I like President)
1 Cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
5 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 Cans Campbell's French Onion Soup
1 Cup course ground corn meal

Steps

-Preheat the oven to 350
-Cook Onions with butter and olive oil for 4-5 minutes
-Add garlic for two minutes (don't burn it!)
-Add salt and soup and bring to a boil
-Slowly add the corn meal, stirring constantly
-Put in oven for 40 minutes (stirring every 10)
-Pull out and let cool, put in fridge and then form into patties
-Pan Fry the patties in 1-2 tbsp. olive oil

-Top the patties with a sauce or vegetables and serve
-I topped mine with 2 pieces of 1 tbsp. of ricotta cheese, serrano ham, and grated parmesan

Total Calories = 1,364
Yield - 9 patties, 152 calories per patty

No comments:

Post a Comment